PensionsEurope Annual Conference 2023
"How to protect pensions in the time of turmoil"
Allianz Forum, 20.04.2023 · 09:30 - 17:05, Berlin
PensionsEurope is an International non-profit organisation based in Brussels representing national associations of pension funds for workplace and other funded pensions. The aim of PensionsEurope is that people in Europe will have good pensions. For this, PensionsEurope advocates at European and International level for good funded pensions covering more people.
The PensionsEurope annual conference brings together leading experts in pensions, as well as pension professionals and EU officials to exchange views and best practices on the most topical issues in the pension landscape.
The post Covid shifts - high inflation, high interest rates and economic uncertainty combined with increasing demographic challenges, are putting large pressure on pensions. Pension funds are key to finding solutions to these fundamental changes, turn them into opportunity, and guarantee fair and sustainable retirement provisions to all.
The conference 2023 ‘’How to protect pensions in the time of turmoil’’ will present the current macroeconomic situation of Europe, the challenges faced by the pension funds and the solutions that can be envisaged by policymakers and institutional investors to protect people.
The full day conference is planned as a hybrid event and will consist of keynote speeches, presentations and panel discussions from key stakeholders in pensions and beyond.
- Ingredients of good risk management for IORPs
- The macroeconomic situation and the medium- and long-term consequences for pensions
- DB and DC schemes – Risks, solutions, and opportunities?
- Derivatives and clearing - way forward?
- Beyond economics the health and social costs of the recent crises
- Innovation in plan administration as a response to turmoil
- Willem Jan Brinkmann, Chief Financial & Risk Officer, PGGM
- Matthias Graulich, Chief Strategy Officer, Eurex
- Andreas Jobst, Global Head of Macroeconomic and Capital Markets Research, Allianz
- Dr. Rafael Krönung, CEO Wealth Solutions, AON
- Dr Ledia Lazeri, Regional Adviser for Mental Health, World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Dejan Malesic, Senior Manager, Executive, co-leader of the International Business Unit, Previnet
- Hansjörg Müllerleile, CEO, MetallRente GmbH
- Fausto Parente, Executive Director, EIOPA
- Dr. Rolf Schmachtenberg, State Secretary, Ministry of Labour
- Dr. Georg Thurnes, Chairman aba, ThurnesbAV GmbH
- Dr. Harmen van Wijnen, Executive Chair, ABP
Pariser Platz 6, 10117 Berlin
Tel.: +49.30.2062 2770
- Programme - Draft as of 14.03.2023
- Maritim proArte Hotel - Booking guidelines for special rate
- Other hotels within walking distance
- Information "Berlin City Tax" for guest with attestation drafts
- Please feel free to contact us, should you have any questions on registration
Tel. +49 30 3385811 12
- For all other inquiries, please contact the PensionsEurope Secretariat
Tel. +32 2 289 14 14
Information for participants
Tickets and prices
- IORPs and PensionsEurope members
2 free in-person-tickets
Unlimited number of free tickets for online access
- Corporate & Support members of PensionsEurope
1 free in-person-ticket
Unlimited number of free tickets for online access
- All other service providers
500 Euro per in-person-ticket
200 Euro per online ticket
By registering the PensionsEurope Annual Conference 2023, please note that you are agreeing to aba’s terms and conditions.
In addition please note that :
- Your data will be shared with PensionsEurope, which is the main organiser of the PensionsEurope Annual Conference 2023.
- You consent to receive future communications from PensionsEurope.
- You consent to sharing your contact details with the sponsors associated with this programme and acknowledge that you may receive communications from them via email.
- You understand that photographs and recordings may be taken of you during the conference by PensionsEurope or its authorised representatives and that these materials may be used for future communications, including marketing materials, website and social media.
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time by contacting PensionsEurope. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any concerns.
Terms and conditions
In-person tickets include access to the Allianz Forum, drinks & coffee, a light lunch and snacks during the afternoon break. Online tickets grant access to the stream. We kindly ask all tickets holders to inform us asap if there are be unable to attend.
Up until the 17.04.2023 tickets can be reallocated to another colleague working for the same company. Should this be the case, we ask the participants to inform us by email (email@example.com) as registered participants only will be granted access to the Allianz Forum.
Paid tickets can be refunded at no charge until 17.04.2023. They will not be refunded after this date.
The stream can be watched on any browser. Chrome is considered the most reliable browser by our technical partner. There is no download or plug-in needed.
The link and password to the landing page are sent to you via email once you register.